Upgrade for Layer system

n-pigeon
Upgrade for Layer system

Post by n-pigeon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Current layers in Paintstorm are very limited. Biggest issue is management, you can't move layers by drag'n'drop for example to folders or edit multiple layers at once.

Krita recently upgraded their Layer Docker it might be useful reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... lTz4#t=277
ArmorWraith

Re: Upgrade for Layer system

Post by ArmorWraith » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Heyo Pigeon,

The drag and drop for folders is very subtle, it makes sure you want to drop that layer into the folder. I kinda like it that way. If you hold the layer towards the bottom of the folder icon it will drop into that layer once you release the mouse button, and the layer will indent itself a bit to the right to show its now stacked in the folder.

(I think it would be cool to have the classic photoshop drop, and the paintstorm drop as options, I actually prefer the paintstorm method, but I see that coming from a photoshop background it would be a bit more comfortable)

I believe the Paintstorm team has multiple layer selection on the to-do list, it is a much desired feature.

All the best,

Armor
n-pigeon

Post by n-pigeon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:06 am

lol Paintstorm can actually move d'n'd layers into folders! I never managed to make it do it! It's very hard to make layer move I think this might be a bug. I'm stunned :)

To make it move I need to double click it xD Is it a bug or a feature? Looks like a bug...
Ilya_r

Post by Ilya_r » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:23 am

Add something like *adjustment layer* in PS or at least that Paintstorm don't ...broke it in PSD?
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:29 am

Ilya_r wrote:Add something like *adjustment layer* in PS or at least that Paintstorm don't ...broke it in PSD?
I dream about it too :) Also we want to add function "drop down adjustment layer and also drop down some overlay or multiply layer, for example if you create a soft glow layer you can't work behind it because color picking will be wrong, and will be fine if you could drop this glow layer to the bottom layers (as example)
But I'am not sure that the adjustment layers will be compatible with photoshop, this can be challenging
n-pigeon

Post by n-pigeon » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:36 am

Also, groups need upgrade. Currently I can't duplicate group layer or collapse it to single layer :<
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 am

Did it!
will be available in the nearest release.
n-pigeon

Post by n-pigeon » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:28 pm

yey \o/ :D
Axl

Post by Axl » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:41 pm

I still can't find a way to duplicate a group. Is it something I'm missing?
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Axl wrote:I still can't find a way to duplicate a group. Is it something I'm missing?
It's coming in the nearest release