"TO DO" list Features

Rinine
Re: "TO DO" list Features

Post by Rinine » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi! I bought 2 licenses and I like the software! but I use a very small screen (cintiq 12WX) and UI or menus reserves a big area of screen.

I know about TAB to see only canvas or the UI resize settings, but I have two monitors.
There is no way to move windows to a secondary monitor? (looking too for a secondary view of the same canvas)
lensman

Post by lensman » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:17 pm

The poster prior to me mentioned about the difficulties of having too small a screen, well I have the exact opposite; I'm using a 4K monitor and at ultimate resolution Paintstorm text and many icons are extremely difficult to see for an older person with not great eyesight. Actually it is impossible to use the programme. As a workaround I have to degrade the resolution on the monitor but even that isn't great and it is not convenient when I have to jump out of Paintstorm to another programme or browser.

What I would love to see is the ability to adjust text and icon size larger in the menus, etc.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:30 pm

lensman wrote:The poster prior to me mentioned about the difficulties of having too small a screen, well I have the exact opposite; I'm using a 4K
Menu-File-Options-Global scale
Kuttyjoe

Post by Kuttyjoe » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Regarding the iPad app, PaintStorm Studio is almost perfect for me. I think it needs some refinement in some areas. Importing Photoshop brushes fails more than succeeds for me. It's important since there isn't much of a community making custom brushes for this app. Brush performance can also get really bad sometimes so I'm looking forward to an update that takes advantage of the power of the iPad Pro. Otherwise, this is probably the second best art app on iOS, after ProCreate. Although, PaintStorm Studio is a better fit for me personally, ProCreate is super refined and has the kind of reliable performance I've never seen with any other app on any platform. They're also updating it quite often. I'd like to see PaintStorm Studio achieve that level of refinement and performance.
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi :-) In the list I see about adding multi-touch. Is this about adding touch when working eg on a Ugee? If so, I'm kind of desperate, lol, that this be optional, not inbuilt. I'm thinking, as you've made PSS so customisable, that there will be the option, but just to ask further. I love the stability of working on the Ugee without needing to worry about the canvas jumping about (the ipad version of PSS is fine; it was other apps I was using before that drove me nuts with all the gestures and jumping about and extra marks having to be erased).
AMD, SparkyOS/Mate, XP-Pen Deco v2
Atomic_Vagabond

Post by Atomic_Vagabond » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Amenakay wrote:Totally awesome app, just downloaded and been play with all day! Though for me to replace other similar apps I need vector and vector export options' like a auto vectorize similar to adobe illustrator, and save as .pdf or .png file. Also, a liquifty option like in Photoshop to if proportion in sketch drawings. Another would be to know how I am saving my files? As .jpeg, .png...? Any text options would be great too! I use photoshop's text to follow image feature a bunch.

I love the idea of the app Auryn Ink use of watercolor, though it does not work will. If you could make a watercolor feature that I could add water, dip, dry, and have effects like alcohol and salt, I would be speechless! Or to have manga halftone brushes like the sketchbook app!

Thanks for reading, I look forward to using this app full time.
This is a big thing for me too. the features I'm most interested in seeing:
  • Multi-touch support to move/zoom/rotate canvas on the fly (similar to the way sketchable works)
    Vectors
    Surface Dial support
cartoonsong

Post by cartoonsong » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:21 am

Please also support Bluetooth keyboard for iOS version
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:25 am

cartoonsong wrote:Please also support Bluetooth keyboard for iOS version
Plus one. This would be really useful.
michaelws

Post by michaelws » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Will there be a "rotate" option for Angle be developed for the Ipad Pro and the Apple Pencil?

Also will there be a hotkey for brush Opacity?

Thanks. Am loving the program.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:40 pm

apple pencil not support rotation - only direction