Linux version

Ico-dY
Re: Linux version

Post by Ico-dY » Fri May 12, 2017 12:59 pm

support wrote: But the previous version works with pressure?
I've just tried again both versions with a fresh installation after deleting the config files.
The old version doesn't give any problem about the pressure unlike the new one. :!:
Ico-dY

Post by Ico-dY » Fri May 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Good news, I've just found the source of the tablet pressure problem under the latest version!

Well, If I create a new brush preset from scratch everything is fine; BUT if I select the "simple extend" preset, from the second default preset group, and try to modify the size/pressure relationship curve then the tablet pressure doesn't work anymore. Other presets made from this one give me the same strange behavior. Furthermore if I try to reset this preset selecting "load default brush" then it disappears from the list. :!:
LeniaNL

Post by LeniaNL » Sat May 13, 2017 11:05 am

Hey guys, just wanted to say how grateful I am for the Linux version :D :D :D Currently testing it on Ubuntu 16.04, seems to work just fine so far, including pressure sensitivity, it feels almost too good to be true heh! This software ought to take the linux world by storm 8-)
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Tue May 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi. The program itself runs brilliantly on Linux Mint, but no pressure sensitivity. I'm using radeon and Ugee 2150, and understand Ugee uses the same UC-Logic driver as Yiynova. I understand about being very busy, but if I can be so bold as to ask if there's any news?

EDIT: I ran a liveUSB of Ubuntu 16.4 and it didn't even run.
Last edited by Blendie on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
AMD, SparkyOS/Mate, XP-Pen Deco v2
dhor

Post by dhor » Thu May 25, 2017 5:20 am

I'm here just to say THANK YOU for Linux version of this masterpiece. It's totally brilliant piece of software and works without any problems on my Ubuntu 16.04.

Keep on rolling! :)
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:33 pm

We have tested it only at Wacom... I'm afraid we'' not find time to Linux version to the end of summer :(
But we hope we'll get more stats about it from customers...
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:00 pm

support wrote:We have tested it only at Wacom... I'm afraid we'' not find time to Linux version to the end of summer :(
But we hope we'll get more stats about it from customers...
Thanks. I'd tried it on Ubuntu 16.4 but it didn't work. Have now moved to Krita. UC-Logic and other devices are becoming more popular, and are much cheaper for Linux users, so I'm sure Paintstorm could be very popular if Linux users knew about it and could use their various devices with it.
AMD, SparkyOS/Mate, XP-Pen Deco v2
Tefrem34

Post by Tefrem34 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:07 am

Hello,

I just found out about this program on a stream. I was really impressed to see that a Linux version is being developed and am really impressed. Thank you for making the effort to support other OS's.

So I downloaded the tar to give it a try, and I have some questions about the build. I use Gentoo linux and apt-get is not the package manager I use, and when I ran the build, after making it executable, I got the error message that "apt-get is not installed" and the build exited. Is there any build instructions posted or an alternate way to install the program without apt-get?

My system specs:
Gentoo OS
Kernel 4.9.8
64 bit
Intel i7-5820k
16 GiB ram
Wacom Intuos5 pro touch.

Thanks again.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 am

Tefrem34 wrote:Hello,
So I downloaded the tar to give it a try, and I have some questions about the build. I use Gentoo linux and apt-get is not the package manager I use, and when I ran the build, after making it executable, I got the error message that "apt-get is not installed" and the build exited. Is there any build instructions posted or an alternate way to install the program without apt-get?
n.
Check is the folder "/usr/share/paintstorm" exists?

Here's the script that Paintstorm installation execute:

Code: Select all

echo "\n Installing Paintstorm Studio to /usr/share/paintstorm/ \n"
sudo cp -r paintstorm /usr/share/
sudo cp paintstorm.desktop /usr/share/applications/
cd ..
sudo rm -r PaintstormInstall

echo "\n Installing libs:\n"
sudo apt-get install libftgl2
sudo apt-get install freeglut3

echo "\n Success!"
As you can see apt-get calls only after Paintstorm installation is done. And it's needed to install libftgl2 and freeglut3 libraries. If you launch Paintstorm from a console it should show which required files is not found. You can try to install these libraries manually by "synaptic package manager" for example.
linuxsynaptic package manager.jpg
linuxsynaptic package manager.jpg (64.19KiB)Viewed 15871 times
allthecoffee

Post by allthecoffee » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Thank you so much for this!

I don't know if this is too much to ask, but would it be possible for you guys to distribute this as a flatpak on linux? It would let it run on multiple distributions much more easily and let you bundle certain dependencies if you want to.
Kernel: 4.11.9-1-ARCH
WM: BSPWM / OpenBox
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core @ 3.5GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB