Will you FIX THE GD File SYSTEM?!

Description of your first forum.
moriturimax
Will you FIX THE GD File SYSTEM?!

Post by moriturimax » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:32 pm

I am sooooooo tired of this kludge of a file system you have built into Paintstorm. It's my favorite app now on the ipad, over Procreate, but for the LOVE OF GOD will you put a proper ipad file system in it?????

I left the app for 5 minutes come back and get the startup/restore prompt. Which then restores the first 1/3rd of what I was working on, and only restores ONE of the images I had left open. I mean, if you want people to use FILE>EXIT, how then do you go around behind their back and terminate the app BEFORE I USE FILE>EXIT? Until I do so or restart my ipad myself, it should open up exactly how I left it even if I don't open it again for days.

At least be consistent in when you want people to file save. OR AT LEAST DO AN AUTORECOVER SAVE OF EVERYTHING IN PAINTSTORM IF THE APP IS GOING TO DECIDE TO SHUT DOWN. EVERY IMAGE, NOT JUST A SINGLE ONE.

CAN YOU PLEASE HAVE IT AUTOSAVE LIKE EVERY OTHER GD GRAPHIC DRAWING APP ON THE IPAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is beyond frustrating now.

You are on an ipad, which trains its users to not have to worry about FILE SYSTEMS. It's not Windows. It's an IOS Device. Please follow the IOS DEVICE guidelines for keeping work organized.

I swear to god, every time it does it to me, I can't even bring myself to use Paintstorm for an hour or more. Just a big knot in my stomach at what I forgot to save BECAUSE THIS IS NOT WINDOWS. It's an IOS app.

I am hoping this resolves itself either by the next version of Paintstorm, or until the new file system officially arrives with ios 11. Or a combo of both.

LOVE THE APP. LOVE THE BRUSH ENGINE. But Gods, throw us a frikkin bone, as Dr. Evil would say.
MikeWest

Re: Will you FIX THE GD File SYSTEM?!

Post by MikeWest » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:28 pm

You can literally set the autosave frequency you want? How hard is it to not close the app before you save your project? It's a demanding app and deserves discretion. Even windows programs crash and paintstorm is much more stable these days. I don't have those problem tabbing in and out, but I'd never leave a file unsaved.
moriturimax

Re: Will you FIX THE GD File SYSTEM?!

Post by moriturimax » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Gets better all the time.. left the app for 3 or 4 minutes to check news, come back... RESTORE SCREEN... anddddddd lost about 30 minutes of work.

Not good people... this arbitrary shutting down and restarting of Paintstorm needs.

To.

Be.

Fixed.