Some management features

IgorS
Some management features

Post by IgorS » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:08 pm

I don't remember that somebody talks about features that I would suggest.
-
Some brush management options:
1. Autoselect Last Brush in brush category and Assign Hotkey To Category features like in Clip Studio Paint. For example, I have "category 1" and "category 2", in each categories I have brushes from A to Z. I select brush B in cat.2, than switch to cat.1 and select brush C, than D; after I again switch to cat.2 and want to use brush B again.- at present I need to find and select brush each time. I wish for autosave (autoselect) brush selection from last time in each category and assign hotkey to category. I am aware of possibility to put each necessary brush in custom window, or assign hotkey to brush, but if I have dozens of brushes it's not so comfortable. Is this options possible? Or it's need huge amount of coding work?
-
Some layer managements options:
2. Ability to Merge group, and apply "merge lower layer into new one" command to group
3. Ability to Crate group with selected layers (ctrl+G, like Photoshop)
4. Ability to Duplicate Group
-
5. Ability to Place pasted layer in the same coordinate (like Photoshop's "paste in place" ), when copy past from one document to other.
-
And creating new document options:
6. Ability to assign canvas' color and texture in "new document" dialog, and save options to preset.
---------
Thanks for answer.
support
Site Admin

Re: Some management features

Post by support » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 pm

IgorS wrote:1. Autoselect Last Brush in brush category and Assign Hotkey To Category features like in Clip Studio Paint. For example, I have "category 1" and "category 2", in each categories I have brushes from A to Z. I select brush B in cat.2, than switch to cat.1 and select brush C, than D; after I again switch to cat.
You can just bind all brushes for individual hotkeys like 1+q, 1+w, 1+e, 1+r ..... for the first category and 2+q,2+w.... for the second and etc.
IgorS

Post by IgorS » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:41 pm

support wrote:
IgorS wrote:1. Autoselect Last Brush in brush category and Assign Hotkey To Category features like in Clip Studio Paint. For example, I have "category 1" and "category 2", in each categories I have brushes from A to Z. I select brush B in cat.2, than switch to cat.1 and select brush C, than D; after I again switch to cat.
You can just bind all brushes for individual hotkeys like 1+q, 1+w, 1+e, 1+r ..... for the first category and 2+q,2+w.... for the second and etc.
I know that. But switching to category with autoselect brush using hotkey more comfortable for me, than remember all hotkeys to dozens of brushes. It is more easy to sort brushes by functions, cat1 -- hard brushes, cat2 -- soft blender brushes, cat3 -- lineart brushes, and to switch to the necessary category in the work process.
I don't press for this feature, but if there is a way to implement it without huge amount of work, I would glad to see such feature in PSS.
lordzieta

Post by lordzieta » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:38 pm

the number 6 is looks more important, but additional things, it should be allow us to create a custom canvas size and save it to preset. current version only allow to create custom size canvas, but when I want to create new document, or reopen PSS, it need to re-type the canvas size. the only solution I suggest is it should allow users to save canvas size as preset for example as photoshop does
brianhermelijn

Post by brianhermelijn » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Layer management right now would definitely be a plus. It currently is a tedious thing to do, in comparison to other softwares, of course you can't take everything from another software, but dragging and dropping each layer into a group, can be time consuming.