Skteching Pencil brush

MikeWest
Re: Skteching Pencil brush

Post by MikeWest » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi Libor! Fantastic brush pack, thank you so much for sharing!

I felt that your pencil had a good base but could be shaped into something more delicate, responsive and realistic. So I took the liberty to finetune it into this. It took A LOT of work to feel just right. It is adjusted for high resolutions, so the texture scale has to be reduced on smaller canvases. The Transparency setting can also be adjusted depending on how direct you want it to be. It really makes use of tilt controls and basically feels like a 2H morphing into 2B depending on how you hold it.

I am really satisfied with it, during this sketch I caught myself blowing on the screen to remove eraser gunk! I hope you don't mind me sharing it.
IMG_3162.PNG
IMG_3162.PNG (490.5KiB)Viewed 7937 times
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5q6868jax94b ... ushes?dl=0
Mirror Image

Post by Mirror Image » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:18 pm

MikeWest wrote:Hi Libor! Fantastic brush pack, thank you so much for sharing!

I felt that your pencil had a good base but could be shaped into something more delicate, responsive and realistic. So I took the liberty to finetune it into this. It took A LOT of work to feel just right. It is adjusted for high resolutions, so the texture scale has to be reduced on smaller canvases. The Transparency setting can also be adjusted depending on how direct you want it to be. It really makes use of tilt controls and basically feels like a 2H morphing into 2B depending on how you hold it.

I am really satisfied with it, during this sketch I caught myself blowing on the screen to remove eraser gunk! I hope you don't mind me sharing it.
IMG_3162.PNG
Hi Mike,

The brush 'tweaks' look good but did you perhaps post a link to the wrong download in your post or am I doing something wrong? The file is named 'MW-Pencil.pstbrushes' but I don't seem to get anything like the tool used in your sketch when I download and install it! I get a brush named simply - brush! I would post a screenshot but I don't know how to do so. Please advise.

Thanks,

Paul
MikeWest

Post by MikeWest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Mirror Image wrote:
MikeWest wrote:Hi Libor! Fantastic brush pack, thank you so much for sharing!

IMG_3162.PNG
Hi Mike,

The brush 'tweaks' look good but did you perhaps post a link to the wrong download in your post or am I doing something wrong? The file is named 'MW-Pencil.pstbrushes' but I don't seem to get anything like the tool used in your sketch when I download and install it! I get a brush named simply - brush! I would post a screenshot but I don't know how to do so. Please advise.

Thanks,

Paul
Thanks for notifying me. I felt like it needs more tweaks so I need to polish it a bit further. I'm not happy about the current texture, it's too small and noticeably repeats. I haven't found a satisfying substitute so I'm going to have to make my own. I will be able to scan it in next weekend.
Maostro

Post by Maostro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Hey there, thanks so much for the brush, really really nice compared to the default ones. Gotta try them out and yeah, definitely PST should have a wider audience, keep the spirit up.
smile4yourself

Post by smile4yourself » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:32 am

many thanks too!
lbatek

Post by lbatek » Mon May 14, 2018 7:29 am

Hi,
cool that you like those pencils..

@MikeWest> yep, I dont mind at all, keep customizing these to your liking! Definetely there is always way to improve things! Cheers!

Libor