Keybind suggestions

chazzvc
Keybind suggestions

Post by chazzvc » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:55 am

I really like the freedom manga studio's 5 gives me with keybindings.

In Manga studio 5 i can have multiple brush categories like oil airbrush, watercolor, textures/decorations, and pen each category has its own unique keybinding.

For example i could draw with my pen toon set to F and switch to a texture brush with V, i can then change my texture brush to something else and pressing V goes to the last texture brush i was using.

The way it is now i have to manually select my default pen after using textures. There is a "previous brush" feature which i may use until i can setup my
D watercolor
H Airbrush
V textures/decor
F pen

It also helps being able to duplicate the same brush and to change the settings of the new brush to something else
I use The G pen in MS5 for sketching and inking
brush A has a lower color amount to create a pencil effect that isn't grainy
Brush A also has low stabilization
Brush B would have 100 color amount and some stabilization
support
Site Admin

Re: Keybind suggestions

Post by support » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:42 pm

In Paintstorm You can bind any brush to special hotkey(or several hotkeys) - to do it click at the little Q button at the bottom of brushes panel and after press hotkeys combination (ESC to unbind)

Also you can find "previous brush" in the Define hotkeys panel.

One thing that you still can't do in paintstorm - use hotkey to swap brush categories.

We plan to remake all brush engine soon, be able to import/export brushes, create new categories, capture brushforms
chazzvc

Re: Keybind suggestions

Post by chazzvc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:04 am

That works :) also fixed the problem i had where my brush was bound to Z and it wasnt in the keybinding menu.

But yeah making it so the menu changes when you press a keybind would let us get to different brush sets with a keybinding would be great.